Paperclip is looking to fill the following positions for various companies. Details are provided below for each position. Application deadline is 24 November 2018. Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
- Events Catering Coordinator
- Purchasing Officer
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Events Catering Coordinator
Provide expert event planning services for clients, including menu planning, décor, and staffing services. Communicate and coordinate order details to production staff, vendor partners and customers. Prepare reports and
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The following description of work to be performed is not intended to be all-inclusive but focuses on the major tasks that must be accomplished.
- Assist all customers to plan and service their simplest or most elaborate catering needs.
- Suggest menu ideas to meet customer needs and plan appropriate portions.
- Coordinate event logistics prior to the date. Oversee activity on location, as required by the customer.
- Coordinate with outside vendors to implement additional services, as required by the customer.
- Communicate duties clearly to servers and bartenders. Monitor changes in guest count and adjust all elements as appropriate.
- Provide high levels of communication and customer service with internal and external customers.
- Provide clear communication with outside customers.
Setting up potential customer consultations, making site visits to propose catering opportunities, and other sales related duties.
- Ensure compliance with all guidelines provided by the company with regards to menu specifications, pricing, discounting and any other issues that have been reviewed.
- Minimum two years of culinary experience
- Energetic and Personable
- Basic computer skills using general office programs
Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
Strong oral and written language skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to multi-task
Ability to stay focused and calm during high-stress seasons
Must have a good understanding of crowd flow
Knowledge of food portions
Purchasing Officer to buy products that are essential for the company’s day-to-day operations. Must be able to develop and maintain good relationships with key suppliers and ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time. The successful candidate will review prices and quality and ensure optimal stock levels.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Researching potential vendors
- Comparing and evaluating offers from suppliers
- Negotiating contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Research potential vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Review the quality of purchased products
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information, and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Agent or similar role
- Ability to research, evaluate and liaise with vendors
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software
- Understanding supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Negotiation skills